The Pioneer Park Coalition acts as a full-time advocate for the Pioneer Park neighborhood, businesses and property owners. This voice is mission based and focused on shared short, medium and long term objectives for the neighborhood that enhance its economic and social prosperity.
Specific strategies that help accomplish mutual goals
- Advocating for property and business owners viewpoints at State, County and City public forums.
- Bringing disparate groups together to develop collaborative solutions to Pioneer Park’s challenges.
- Participating and/or organizing long range planning efforts to shape Pioneer Park’s growth and long term prosperity.
- Asking for specific policy or infrastructure changes.
- Hosting meetings with public and private stakeholders to understand needs and tailor strategies.
- Be a community voice for the Pioneer Park neighborhood as Operation Rio Grande continues, ensuring momentum is not lost and the best interests of our area of Salt Lake City are represented.
2017 Advocate Guiding Priorities:
- Support and provide feedback to leaders and legislators to continue the momentum of Operation Rio Grande.
- Make Pioneer Park awesome by investing in park improvements and establishing a coalition to pursue a public-private partnership.
- Create a positive vision for the neighborhood and for improvements to the homeless services system.
- Invest in positive change.